Retrieve a value from the main module.
This VI will read the value of a variable defined in your main module, and
pass it back to LabVIEW. Dotted names are permitted; for
myobj.myattribute as Object Name will attempt to
read the value of
This is a "polymorphic" VI; it has a drop-down menu that allows you to select the type of data to be returned via the Value terminal. Select the type corresponding to your Python variable.
Basic types are provided including integers, floats, strings, and 1D arrays. For other types (e.g. 2D arrays), or cases in which you do not know the type ahead of time, select "Variant" and convert the data yourself using LabVIEW's Variant to Data function.
- Session ID/Session ID Out
- The current Python session ID. Session ID Out always contains the same value as Session ID.
- Object Name
- Name of the object, defined in your main module, to read.
- Value read from Python. Select the correct type from the drop-down selector, or choose "Variant" to return the data as a LabVIEW variant.
- Error In/Out
- Terminals for standard error functionality.