Call a Python function, method, or callable object.
Use Pack to collect arguments to send to the Python function, and supply them to the Python Object References In terminal. Any values returned by the function will be made available on the Python Object References Out terminal. You can turn these into LabVIEW values using Unpack.
Dotted function or method names are permitted. For example, if you have a
list object named
mylist, you can call
mylist.append to add an object
to the list.
Calls to a single Python session are serialized. If concurrency is desired, use the native Python queue and thread interface.
- Session ID/Session ID Out
- The current Python session ID. Session ID Out always contains the same value as Session ID.
- Function or Method Name
- Name of the object, defined in your main module, to call.
- Python Object References In
- Arguments to the Python function, collected by calls to Pack.
- Python Object References Out
- Returned values from the Python function, which may be converted to LabVIEW types using Unpack
- Error In/Out
- Terminals for standard error functionality.