Other Chaco resources¶
Further Reading and resources¶
You can also learn more about Chaco by:
- running the tutorials included with the Chaco package,
- following demos of Chaco given during webinars Enthought to EPD subscribers,
- reading seminar slides posted on conference websites,
- reading about the API from the developer guide.
- following the Enthought Tool Suite mailing list: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more details on how to use Chaco to embed powerful plotting
functionality inside applications, refer to the Tutorials, webinars, and examples page.
In particular, some tutorial examples were added into the
examples/tutorials/scipy2008/ directory. These examples are
numbered and introduce
concepts one at a time, going from a simple line plot to building a
custom overlay with its own trait editor and reusing an existing tool
from the built-in set of tools. You can browse them on the GitHub repository
Finally, it is recommended to explore the examples
(Annotated Examples section) as they are regularly updated to reflect the most recent
changes and recommended ways to use Chaco.
The video webinars given in as part of the Enthought webinar series cover building interactive plotting using Chaco. If you are an EPD user, you can find the video, the slides, and the demo code for each webinar covering Chaco.
- The first one (April 2010) demoes how to use Chaco as your plotting tool (https://www.enthought.com/repo/epd/webinars/2010-04InteractiveChaco/ ).
- The seconds (October 2010) illustrates how to building interactive 2D visualization (see https://www.enthought.com/repo/epd/webinars/2010-10Building2DInteractiveVisualizations/ ).
There have been several presentations on Chaco at previous PyCon and SciPy conferences:
- Video recording of the latest Chaco presentation at SciPy 2011 at http://conference.scipy.org/scipy2011/tutorials.php#corran
- Follow the tutorial from the Scipy 2006 conference at http://code.enthought.com/projects/files/chaco_scipy06/chaco_talk.html ,
- Follow the presentation of Chaco at the PyCon 2007 at http://code.enthought.com/projects/files/chaco_pycon07/ .
- SciPy 2008 Tutorial slides (pdf)
Developers references and API Docs¶
For developers and architects,
- more details about the current architecture and API can be found in the Programmer’s Reference,
- the API for Chaco 3.0 (in ETS 3.0) can be found at http://code.enthought.com/projects/files/ETS3_API/enthought.chaco.html ,
- the API for Chaco2 (in ETS 2.7.1) can be found at http://code.enthought.com/projects/files/ets_api/enthought.chaco2.html .